Your guide to homeownership in 2022
It’s the start of a brand new year, a time to dream big and obsess about opportunity. So while you’re setting resolutions, here’s one you won’t regret. For now, interest rates remain in the low 3 percent range, though some economists expect rates to rise in the future*, so make it the year you become a homeowner. Although it’s a jungle out there, there’s never been a better time to buy your first home or for a change of scenery.
Here’s your roadmap to home ownership in 2022:
- Request a consultation with me, your Compass agent, to identify your real estate goals and review the home buying process in current market conditions.
- Get pre-qualified.
- Tour properties and neighborhoods that fit your criteria.
- Once you identify a home you like, you can put in an offer.
- Once an offer is accepted, escrow is ofﬁcially open!
- During escrow, you will conduct home inspections, order an appraisal, and review terms with your mortgage company.
- Closing day! Congratulations, you’re now building equity in your own home.
Your roadmap to home ownership in 2022 has arrived. Your Compass agent is available and excited to assist you with a consultation when you’re ready to level up!